Once upon a time in Munich, Doxieland, there lived a Prince and a Princess. He was Crown Prince Doxie Ludwig, (later King Doxie Ludwig I), and she was the lovely Princess Doxie Therese (later Queen Therese) of Bavaria. They married on October 12, 1810.
All small canine citizens of Munich were invited to attend and celebrate the happy occasion which was held in the fields near the city gates. Princess Therese’s Lady in Waiting and Prince Ludwig’s favorite Court Jester attended their good Prince and Princess at the wedding.
The 16-day wedding festival included root beer, pretzels, bratwurst, and other traditional canine treats. Some canine citizens donned costumes and paraded in joyful celebration for the happy couple. Other citizens participated in good natured, but fierce, contests and races...
FINAL YEAR - 2017
Beer Garden, Doxie Races, Costume Contest, Rescue Parade, TONS OF FUN!!
When & Where
Saturday 30 September 2017, 11am-4pm
5100 S. Hickory Street, Littleton, CO (south of Belleview)
Handicap parking/drop off in lower level parking lot at Progress Park. Additional parking at Cornerstone Park and Belleview Park (use Belleview underpass to get to the Fest). See the Downloads page for map links and PDFs.
Admission includes all races, contests, and games.
$6 per human. Free for children 4 and under.
$6 per dog for the first 3 dogs; $2 for each additional dog.
Who can come to Dachtober Fest?
- Humans of all ages
- rescue group recipient dogs: Boston Terriers, Cocker Spaniels, Corgis, Japanese Chins, and Yorkies
- other breeds and mixes, 30 pounds & under
Dogs must be 6 months old or older to attend.
You Should Know
- Dogs must remain on a leash and in the control of their owners at all times.
- Your dogs’ rabies vaccines must be current per Colorado state law or you must provide a waiver from your veterinarian.
- To gain admission to Dachtober Fest, you must sign a waiver and release. Download the the waiver and release from the Downloads page.
Contests for Dogs
- Costume contests are open to all dogs. See the costume contest FAQs.
- Bobbing for Wieners is open to all dogs. See Bobbing for Wieners FAQs.
- Royal Wedding Court is open to all dogs. See FAQs for the Royal Wedding Court.
- Doxie Dash is open to all dogs; they will race in divisions based on breed, age, and physical ability. See race FAQs.